“50 years from now, when you look back at your life, don’t you want to say you had the guts to get in the car?”
Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky, Transformers
As some of you may know, I recently left my position as a Navy contractor at COMPACFLT for another position at a small, local technology startup. Having come from a family of “lifers”, it wasn’t an easy decision. Even though I absolutely loved both the work and people, I felt that I would have too many regrets not taking this opportunity.
So with that said, here’s a few of my lasting memories:
- Late nights in the dreaded server room with Wally and co.
- The lunchroom gang – Our topics ranged the gamut; from MMA to the next 4chan meme.
- Admiral’s Cup – We won a basketball game! (Not by forfeit!)
- Ping pong Fridays!
- Almost killing my co-worker Cindy with the Wii controller… and then my yo-yo.
- Monday morning chats with Gits about his weekend PS3 adventures.
- Steve’s yellow lunch truck
Though I came in a contractor, I feel as though I’m leaving as family. So with that said, farewell, good luck, and Godspeed to everyone at FLT!
Click on my picture to check out my flickr set!